PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Firstly, let’s define “Personal Information”.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, or create an account on the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit and debit card numbers), email address, address history, date of birth, and drivers licence or passport number. We refer to this information as “Customer Information.” We might also get Customer Information from you in other ways (for example, you might email us if you change address, or email us to make an enquiry).
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The main way we use your Customer Information (like your address) is to - obviously - fulfil the orders you place through the Site. This includes giving you an account so you can see what you’ve ordered, sending out our items to you and charging your card for them. Additionally, we use this Customer Information to:
- Communicate with you (for example, about any changes that may impact your service, or information about your service, such as telling you that we have processed your order or providing you with updates about your return);
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud (this may involve running a credit check, and conducting other searches online to determine your creditworthiness);
- Carry out debt recovery actions if you owe us money (for example if your payment fails or if you don’t return or damage an item); and
- When in line with your preferences, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If you owe us money, we may share your Personal Information with a debt recovery agency for collection, including your name, contact details, address, personal identification and the amount owed.
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, like responding to a search warrant or other lawful request for information, or to meet other legal or contractual obligations.
In addition to the reasons set out above, we may share your Personal Information with third parties:
- Where you have consented to the information being shared, subject to appropriate confidentiality obligations; or
- Where the reason for doing so is related to the purpose for which we originally collected the Personal Information.
We use your Personal Information to provide you with tailored advertisements on platforms such as Instagram, or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example, we will present you offers and information about Circular’s products and services we believe will interest you when you visit other websites.
A good explanation of how tailored advertising works is on the Network Advertising Initiative’s educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of tailored advertising at:
- facebook - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- google - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
We may also receive aggregated, anonymised information from Facebook and Google about people who responded to our advertising campaigns, if their Google and Facebook privacy settings allow this to happen. This can include age brackets, gender, assumed interests and affinities for each campaign response type. For example, Google or Facebook may tell us that most people who clicked on the ad were aged 30-40 and like news sites. Google and Facebook collect this information based on your browser language and online behaviour.
We use this aggregated, anonymised information to:
- Understand the effectiveness of our content, offers and advertising.
- Provide relevant content offers and ads to other people who may have similar interests, based on those who responded to the ad.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
KEEPING YOUR DATA
When you create an account and/or place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Customer Information for our records. We take the utmost care with all your Personal Information. If you want to find out what Personal Information we hold for you, please contact us. We may assume that any verbal or online request or instruction we receive is authorised by you if it’s accompanied by suitable verification.
GET IN TOUCH
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.